Hooray! It’s 2013!!
I’ve read many posts from people stating that “2012 sucked” or “good riddance, 2012.” Poor 2012, the red-headed step-child…
2012 wasn’t too bad for me. I had some resolutions last year. They were:
1. Keep running. Run more. Have fun with it. Do more races.
2. Get organized! Throw crap out. Give stuff away. DON’T buy more crap!
3. Get the dog into a training class. Please. For the love…
4. Have more fun. Play with the kids. Do things I enjoy, even if I have to do them alone.
5. Take more pictures. Keep learning about photography. Stick with it.
6. Learn to swim. (added later after this happened)
Soooo, I did NOT keep running. I don’t know why. I like it. I DID get more organized by getting rid of things and limiting the purchase of crap. I did get the dog with a trainer. I did okay on the fun/play with the kids thing. And I did learn more about photography – even attended a workshop on it. And nope, did not learn to swim (but that wasn’t totally my fault since we moved to an area without a community pool).
Well, there are a few things I’d like to do this year.
1. Run a half-marathon. WHAT? I don’t even know why? I am s-l-o-w, and not big on distance/endurance. But what the heck, right? I registered for this one because it is not too far for me to get to, it is not in the heat of summer, and the course looks pretty flat. I am following the run-walk training plan from Jenny Hadfield.
2. I want to learn to swim. Seriously.
3. I want to buy a house. Not sure if that can happen this year, so I need to start an aggressive savings plan so that when the time comes we will have a decent down-payment.
4. I want to increase my “professional identity.” This means I want to either attend some skills-based therapy workshops, or get active in the professional organizations I am in. Or both?
5. I want to take a few trips: Washington DC, Myrtle Beach, and maybe something just for me and Doug…or even just me. (maybe Blogher 2013? hmmmm)
I don’t know how often I’ll be blogging this year. I recently took on a second job (part-time) and between the 2 jobs, training for this stupid race, and still being a wife and mother my free time is going to be pretty limited. But check back when you can – I’m not closing up shop here, just going through a slow period.
Have a great 2013!!